Written by Peter Molnar
I have a weird issue in last November, with a recently installed notebook, Windows 7 Enterprise and Office 2010 on it. It had worked few days, when one day the user called us with the following details:
Symptom: Outlook could start, but it was waiting at Loading profile.
Actions has taken by me:
- Scandisk -> nope.
- Scanpst -> nope.
- Deleted Outlook local files -> nope.
- Started Outlook in safe mode -> nope.
- Deleted Exchange Account, set up as POP3 account ->WORKED! But we want Exchange account!
- Set up Exchange Account again -> nope.
- [head scratching -> nope]
- Tried to repair Office -> Setup can not repair Office!
- Remove Office -> Setup can not remove Office (OMG)!
The last action was a surprise indeed!
The last point highlighted the real problem: somehow Windows Installer not worked properly.
Next question: How to reinstall Windows Installer on a Windows 7 machine? The right answer: there is no installer package for Windows Installer on Windows 7. Use the System File Checker (SFC) utility with /scannow switch…
Voila, it worked!